Essential resources for parents that they may need to make the most of the opportunities on offer at Oscar Daycare and Preschool.
Oscar Parenting Calendar
Download the November month calendar by simply clicking the button down below
Oscar Parenting Calendar
Download the December month calendar by simply clicking the button down below
To all Parents
We extend a warm welcome to all the parents at Oscar Daycare and Preschool. The Partnership of parents and teachers helps each child reach his/her true potential. We feel it is our responsibility to share essential information and resources that can be useful for parents while taking care and nurturing their children.
PHILOSOPHY OF OSCAR DAYCARE AND PRESCHOOL
- Children are entitled to a safe and nurturing environment with a schedule of routines that best meet the individual needs of each child in our care. Each child is treated with respect as valuable individuals.
- Team is entitled to work in an environment which recognise and respect their education, skills and commitment towards Oscar Daycare and Preschool.
- Centre enhances lives of children and parents by providing caring and supportive service.
GOALS OF OSCAR DAYCARE AND PRESCHOOL
1. Provide quality preschool and day care program for all children.
2. Foster the total development of the child by providing an environment consisting of:
• A warm, friendly atmosphere with trained child care providers.
• A safe and healthy facility.
• A child-centered, non-role stereotyping setting.
• A variety of suitable equipment in good repair.
• A variety of activities that support the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of children.
3. To be an emotional support system for parents and counsel them for issues arising with their children.
4. To assist parents in acquiring knowledge of child development and essential child related information.
5. Children will receive safe and consistent care during Day Care hours.
6. Children with developmental challenges will receive referrals to appropriate support and services.
7. Parents will have increased contact with other parents of young children.
STANDARDS oF OSCAR DAYCARE AND PRESCHOOL
Standard 1 : Suitable person
Children are looked after by suitable and qualified staff who have a positive regard for children and who have satisfied the recruitment criteria. The facility maintains the appropriate care to child.
Standard 2 : Organization
The facility is managed by an Oscar Education Solution supervisor who has the skills, knowledge and experience required to achieve the aims and objectives of the service. The service has a written manual of policies and procedures, which is accessible to users.
Standard 3 :Care, learning and play
Qualified caregivers talk, listen to and otherwise interact with children and cater for their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs. Activities and opportunities for play are organized so as to meet the full range of children’s developmental needs.
Standard 4: Physical environment
The physical environment is welcoming and the premises are suitable for the service provided. The premises are safe, secure and accessible.
Standard 5: Equipment
Furniture, equipment and toys are provided which are appropriate for the purpose and help to create an accessible and stimulating environment. They are of suitable design and condition, well maintained and conform to safety standards.
Standard 6: Health and Safety
The good health and safety of children is promoted at all times. Good standards of hygiene are practiced and encouraged and positive steps are taken to prevent and control the spread of infection. Strict attention is paid to all aspects of the environment to ensure that equipment together with indoor and outdoor areas are in conformity with good standards of safety and hygiene.
Standard 7: Snacks and drink
The service provision promotes the benefits of a healthy diet and encourages parents to provide healthy nutritious snacks for the children. The staff members also take careful note of any special dietary requirements and also ensure that children receive the help they need in feeding. Flexible eating routines are permitted and children have access to drinking water at all times.
Standard 8: Equal opportunities
Each child is valued as an individual and helped to develop his/her full potential through inclusion and participation in various activities designed to display a wide range of positive images and objects, which reflect non stereotypical roles, and the diversity of race, culture and religion.
Standard 9: Behaviour Management
The service has a clear code of behaviour management that is understood and applied by the staff, parents and children. Children are encouraged through positive guidance to take responsibility for their own behaviour and to show care and consideration for others.
Standard 10: Working in partnership with parents and carers
Carers welcome parents and work in close collaboration with them to promote the welfare and development of the children. Carers encourage the involvement of parents to improve the quality of the service provided.
Standard 11: Child Protection
The Oscar Day Care provider has a duty to protect and care for each child during their period of attendance at the centre. Their manual of procedures contains a Child Protection Policy and Procedure, which they are bound to follow at all instances.
Standard 12: Documentation
Records, policies and procedures which are required for the efficient and safe management of the provision, and to promote the welfare, care and learning of children are maintained. Records about individual children are shared with the child’s parent.